Chris Kious as your County Commissioner
I am very thankful for your continued support during my term as your representative of the 23rd district in Kane County.
Without the assistance of family, friends and neighbors like you, I would not have been able to serve the community and its constituents since taking office in December 2018.
There is no question that the last two years have been difficult for everyone. My hope is that everyone in your household have remained healthy and safe and that we can look forward to a brighter future in the coming months.
Thank you for endorsing my reelection:
- AFSCME ILLINOIS
- KANE COUNTY SHERIFF RON HAIN
- PAINTERS DISTRICT COUNCIL NO. 30
- STATE SENATOR CRISTINA CASTRO
- LiUNA CHICAGO AND LOCAL LABORERS 582
- FOX VALLEY BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION TRADES
- IBEW LOCAL 117
- TEAMSTERS LOCAL 330
- SMART LOCAL 265
Highlights during my tenure as your representative for the 23rd district:
- Been a strong voice on the Board for Northern Kane County
- Balanced the budget without raising taxes
- Consistently opposed the tolls proposed on Longmeadow Bridge
- Served as President of the Kane County Forest Preserve, being elected by fellow members of the Board
- Improved safety at Raceway Woods Forest Preserve on Rt. 31 by initiating the construction of an enlarged parking lot
- As Chairman of the Administration Committee, led the passage of a comprehensive Green Building Ordinance or Kane County
- Saved the County $5 million and helped prevent pollution by working to build a 2-megawatt solar field at the Judicial Center
- Actively served on the Administration (chair), Agriculture, Energy, Labor Management, Liquor Control, and Public Service Committees
As we all work to move Kane County and Illinois forward, there remains much work to be done, which is why I am running for re-election.
While the 2022 election is still a month away, collecting signatures from registered voters from the 23rd District of Kane County has begun and is a legal requirement to ensure that my name is placed on the ballot.
Thank you for your continued support. I look forward to speaking with you.